- Para incrementar el número de estudiantes, se ha enviado publicidad a la zona. Hay muchas escuelas alrededor, por lo que la competencia es fuerte
- El problema de la huelga se ha solventado, de momento, gracias a nuestros amigos americanos, que han pagado los salarios atrasados
- Los padres están satisfechos con la escuela, aunque tardan en pagar, y académicamente funciona bien.
- Las intrigas son creadas por un único profesor, del que han dado quejas algunos voluntarios. Incluso ha sido agresivo verbalmente con algún niño, echándole en cara que sus padres no pagan la tarifa escolar.
- Actualmente tenemos 27 niños del orfanato escolarizados, y 18 externos (lejos aún de los 150 para que sea sostenible)
- El dueño del terreno no permite construir nada, ni instalar juegos, ni decorar las paredes; esto hace que sea menos atractivo para los padres de la zona
- El orfanato va bien, y es sustentado con el salario de una de las directoras, Sophia.
Malindi Home of Hope, Social Association in USA, and Social Hope, are together in order to support the School in Kenya. They have obtained updated information:
1. To increase number of students to the school we have sent out some leaflets, by word of mouth too. There are so many school around the area and even as I was walking today I came across a new building being constructed and was told it is a new school which is being moved from another place to near us. Some of the teachers and especially madam Cyprine has brought in most of the paying students.
2. The teachers know that I struggle to pay them. In early January when we opened they started threatening about striking.. To speak the truth they expect to be told that they can be paid even tomorrow. They everyday wait to be told to collect their money. This problem has been solved thanks to our American friends
3. The parents feel that the school is very o.k. The teachers are very hardworking except for a teacher
This is his second semester in the school. Otherwise the school is very o.k academically.
The school which was our highest hope of income has become the biggest problem. Though we opened doors in 2012 September to December, there was no recruitment of children. We had only 8 kids with one from outside and 7 from the orphanage. The numbers have increased but the biggest problem is slow payments by parents and our landlord who does not want us to put any structure or modification at the school.
Every time we want to do something they say we want to take away their land.
So we cant do anything to decorate our school, we cannot put plants, we cannot paint or draw any pictures for the children.
Those are the things that will bring change to our school yet we cannot do them.
No hay comentarios:
Publicar un comentario